Thursday 6 April 2017

Tales From The Highlands

Day 4 - Along The Death Trail

  After a restless night with Majella not being very well I let her sleep to try and catch up some rest.It also takes longer to get ready when the reflection from the mirror we use looks like this lol

  We then popped out and just spent the morning bargain hunting in the Fort William charity shops.I then caught up with my previous blog on Aviemore while having lunch.Then we took a drive down Glen Nevis.The idea was to go all the way to the end to check out the state of the Nevis Gorge trail as there had been quite a lot of rain.


  Lets just say the waterfalls flowing down the hills and through the trail were a bit too much for me to attempt with my limited mobility and even with a walking stick.
 The waterfall/trail means slippy rocks lol

  Therefore we didn't make it through the gorge to Steall Falls this time.It was a lot easier to do 10 years ago when I could still walk okay lol Instead we had to settle for the slightly less stunning Lower Falls in Glen Nevis.

  A quick look along the river produced a Pied Wagtail, along with one of my favourite non-Raptor birds, the Grey Wagtail.Unfortunately it was a bit too mobile to get a photograph.
  Home for tea and hope that the Barn Owl would be out quartering the field outside the cabin but the constant rain soon extinguished any hope of that.Maybe I will have better luck later in the week.

Thanks for reading.Day 5 coming very shortly.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment