Friday 5 June 2015

30 Days Wild: Day 5 - Is It A Bird? Is It A Moth?

Already on to Day 5 of #30DaysWild

  Today I decided to head down to the reserve of Chambers Farm Wood near Wragby to try and find the Marsh Fritillary Butterfly that has so far eluded me.
  Before heading to the meadows where they hang out I checked out the Butterfly garden at the visitor centre.Peacocks, Orange Tips and Damselflies danced on the breeze and this stunning Male Broad-Bodied Chaser took a break from his activities to pose for us:)


A surprise mesmerising sighting of this Hummingbird Hawkmoth feeding took my breath away.



    It was time to head through the woods to the Little Scrubs meadow in search of the Fritillaries.Common Blue Butterflies battled on the wing for territories, then I spotted a different coloured Butterfly.I moved closer and was ecstatic to see my first Marsh Fritillary:)



   What a stunning Butterfly:) By getting out walking and exploring our countryside we can all find amazing wildlife like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment