Monday 22 June 2015

30 Days Wild:Day 22 - Inner City Swans


  Today for Day 22 I did a bit of "Urban Birding" during my lunch break as I happened to be in Lincoln city centre.
  The canal runs straight through Lincoln's main shopping street and is usually alive with waterfowl.

Today there were a few Mallards with just this one Duckling between them.

The Mute Swans, 16 of them today patrolled their usual stretch of canal hoping that shoppers were buying them food in the nearby Wilkinsons.




  The Square was typically filled with Pigeons surrounding people trying to have their lunch in peace.Another person arrived with a bag of seed for them.




  I have to admit I am not entirely keen on feral Pigeons as they raid our garden feeders scaring away the Goldfinches and Greenfinches in the process, but this youngster caught my eye.It was completely silvery coloured with no other markings.I am guessing it hasn't been long out of its nest.

  Even in the middle of a busy city centre shopping street you can still enjoy watching nature.If you work in a city , use your lunch break to get out and do a bit of Urban Birding.

No comments:

Post a Comment