Saturday 13 June 2015

30 Days Wild:Day 13 - To Pastures New


  No real plans today as it was more of a travelling day as I left Gigrin Farm to head South to a place near Kilgetty for pastures new:)
  I did make an early visit though to Elan Valley just to check for any birds.On the river were a couple of Grey Wagtails.


  Another Redstart sighting made the morning more colourful though he was playing hard to get in the camera.

  Movement in the long grass among the Gorse got me excited , as a moth always does.It turned out to be this amazing Speckled Yellow Moth.

  The rest of the journey was uneventful as I arrived at what would be my home for the next week.Feeders outside the caravan were full of birds.Blue Tits, Chaffinches, House Sparrows, Great Tits, a Great Spotted Woodpecker and a fly by of a Female Sparrowhawk.
Great Tit

  A young Magpie(1 of 3) kept trying to get the scraps falling from the feeder frenzy so I placed some food out on the fence post to see if he would prefer that.It didn't take long:)



  I am looking forward to sharing more of Wales wildlife over the next week in the hope of getting you all out the house and marvelling at our Natural World.

No comments:

Post a Comment